Bridgeport Hard Drive Destruction
More and more, Bridgeport businesses and homes are going paperless, storing their sensitive data digitally on computers or other electronic media devices. But did you know that data is recoverable from a hard drive, even if you’ve deleted all your files?
Deleting your files does not guarantee that your data has been removed from the hard drive because it can easily be recovered by free software. The only way to adequately protect yourself from a data breach is to have old hard drives destroyed. This process is required for compliance with Connecticut privacy laws, including HIPAA and FACTA. Businesses that fail to destroy hard drives in the past have incurred severe violations and fines.
Don’t just assume this means only the hard drive in your traditional desktop computer is at risk. Hard drives are hidden everywhere in your Bridgeport home and office. Devices like scanners, fax machines, and printers all have hard drives that might have saved a copy of every digital file these devices have received throughout their lifetime.
Hard drive destruction is a critical step in protecting your electronic information. Additionally, it can be key to protecting the environment. After the shredding process, the hard drives are properly disposed of while compliant with EPA regulations. Additionally, services follow all state hazardous waste requirements. Keep your information safe while also protecting your planet.
Other vulnerable electronic devices you might not have considered include:
- PC hard drives
- RAM and ROM-based storage devices
- Optical media, including CDs and DVDs
- Fax machines, scanners, copiers, and printers
- Legacy magnetic media like floppy drives, zip disks and magnetic tapes
- Mobile devices like cell phones, smart phones, PDAs, tablets and laptops
- USB removable media such as pen drives, thumb drives, flash drives and sticks
- Memory cards, including SD, SDHC, MMC, compact flash, microdrive and memory sticks
- Biomedical devices such as physiologic monitors, infusion pumps, ventilators, MRI, CT, and diagnostic ultrasound and laboratory analyzers
- Embedded flash on boards and devices, including motherboards and peripheral cards such as network adapters or any other adapter containing non volatile flash memory
If you have more questions about what devices might be putting you or your business at risk, contact Bridgeport Shredding Service for answers: (203) 416-6440. Hard drive destruction can be performed at your location or at a secure facility. Once your hard drives are pulverized, the metal pieces are melted down for recycling, assuring absolute destruction. Finally, you’ll receive a Certificate of Destruction once the job is done.
Don’t Be Vulnerable to Cyber Attacks! Get FREE Quotes on Hard Drive Destruction in Bridgeport Today!
A breach of digital data can cause severe repercussions. Whereas a thief might only be able to grab an armful of physical documents, a hacker can download hundreds of thousands of files in minutes. Don’t be careless with your hard drives. Ensure their destruction today by contacting Bridgeport Shredding Service at (203) 416-6440, or requesting a free quote by filling out the form to the left.